Yesterday marked the one year anniversary of this blog.
One entire year.
I never thought I’d make it, especially seeing as my last attempt at a blog had about as much success as Jaws 3-D (a shark in 3-D! That’s just taking it beyond scary!). But somehow here I am, a year later and one could argue, a year better. Of course one could argue after a first post like this, there was no where to go but up, but whoever wants to argue that can just go to hell.
Seeing as I have one year under my belt, I thought I’d talk about some things I’ve learned/stuff I hate/crap I’ve noticed about blogging since I first started. And oh yeah, thanks for reading. Without you this blog wouldn’t have made it. Now stop looking at that stain on my pants. It’s just water, I swear.
- Keep your posts short. I know you can write a 4,356 word post on how your weekend was, but trust me, it wasn’t that great.
- Please don’t apologize for not posting. If you have a life and can’t post, be proud of yourself. You are better than all of us.
- LOL Cats are never funny. NEVER.
- I don’t want to read your “hilarious” g-chat transcript with a friend. It’s not as funny as you think it is.
- When someone posts about being concerned about their mother getting old, it is not okay to tell a “yo momma” joke in the comments.
- Yes, even if it’s a good one like “Yo momma’s so old, she’s got a Jesus Starter jacket.”
- Yes, really.
- Drunk posts are always entertaining, and if possible, post video.
- For some reason, people have a hard time detecting sarcasm. Reply to their comments with even more sarcasm.
- Speaking of replying to comments – I always like blogs that do this. Otherwise I feel like I’m commenting to a brick wall, which is fine when I’m at work, but not when I’m reading blogs.
- People don’t click links. No matter who much you tell them how great and exciting and awesome it is, they just don’t do it.
- Neither do I.
- No one reads on the weekends. I learned this the hard way, as several posts on the weekends went unnoticed. A post about Denver the Last Dinosaur people! How could you not read that???
- People don’t read posts when they get too long.
- Like this one. But if you’re still reading, here’s a secret: I thought The Real World Movie: The Lost Season wasn’t that bad.